Calendar Photo Contest
2017 Water Reflections Calendar Photo Contest
2014 Photo Contest Images | 2015 Photo Contest Images | 2016 Photo Contest Images
Water Reflections Calendar Photo Contest
Eligibility Professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age or older are welcome to submit photographs for this contest.
- Each photographer may submit up to five (5) photographs and one (1) additional photograph for our drought awareness and wise water use habits feature. Please submit a separate form for each photo entry.
- Photographers are eligible to win for up to three (3) photographs submitted, plus the feature photo; an individual photographer can win with up to, but no more than four (4) photos.
- Photographs must be taken with the geographical boundaries of the 15 county Metro Water District area which includes the counties of Bartow, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. The District does not encompass the cities of Braselton and Loganville.
- Photographers must submit pictures that have been taken since January 1, 2015; no picture taken before January 1, 2015 should be submitted.
- A completed entry/release form must be provided by each photographer (see link above).
- No submittal of copyrighted material is allowed.
- Participants understand that each photographic entry is subject to the free and unlicensed use by the Metro Water District in the preparation of annual reports, planning material, website pages, handouts and educational materials. See full Terms and Conditions.
- All photographs must be at least 300 dpi at the dimensions of 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Please note that the format of the calendar is landscape. Photographs should be in landscape/horizontal format, or should be able to be easily cropped as such.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- Images must be submitted digitally. No printed photos will be accepted.
- Save photographs with the following naming scheme: last name_first name_title of photograph. Ex: Smith_John_Chattahoochee Sunset
- Entries can be emailed or saved to a CD/DVD, then sent by mail to Water Reflections Photo Contest. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to submit by mail. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- All photographic entries and accompanying release forms must be received by Friday, September 8, 2017.
Judging Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Success in reflecting an appreciation of Metro Atlanta’s shared water resources
- Relevance of subject and quality of composition
- Originality of photo
- Quality of photo
- Excellence in photographic technique
- 1st Place will receive $500 and two free tickets to a Georgia River Network Hidden Gem Adventure in 2018
- 11 finalists will receive $100 each
- Best drought awareness feature photo will receive $50
- All winners will receive two copies of the 2018 Water Reflections Calendar, an outdoor spray nozzle and a rain gauge.