Multi-Family Toilet Rebate Information Page
Welcome to the Multi-Family Toilet Rebate Online Application. You can use the Rebate Estimator to the right to get an idea of the amount you could expect in rebates from your water provider. The online application form allows you to submit the basic information necessary to get started. You will need to upload your property’s latest water bill and a completed Multi-Family Toilet Rebate Spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will provide more detailed information about each unit of the property.
Customers must meet the following qualifications to receive a toilet rebate:
- Have a master-metered residential account with a participating water provider in the Metro Water District and property must be up to date on billing payments.
- Property must be for residential use and built in 1993 or earlier (this information will be verified).
- Property must contain older, inefficient toilets using 3.5 gallons per flush or more and cannot request rebates for toilets that have been installed prior to program pre-approval.
- Complete online application for pre-approval and submit property information spreadsheet.
- After pre-approval, purchase approved toilets based on program guidelines
Steps To Rebate Approval
- Review program guidelines and specific requirements for each water utility.
- Complete online application for rebate request and receive reservation number.
- Applicant will be contacted by customer service representative to submit property spreadsheet with information on existing toilets for each unit.
- Applicant will be notified of pre-approval and rebate funds will be reserved for 90 days.
- During the 90-day reservation period, applicant must do the following:
- Purchase new toilets as requested in rebate pre-approval. Toilets must be WaterSense labeled high-efficiency toilets (HET) or ultra-high efficiency toilets (UHET).
- Remove existing toilets and install new toilets
- Dispose of old toilets according to specific requirements for each water utility. Some water utilities do require recycling of old toilets and a recycling loading ticket will be required.
- Notify customer service representative, send in original receipt(s) and complete property spreadsheet with information on new toilets.
- Schedule inspection time with customer service representative to verify new toilets are installed. Inspections are typically virtual with applicant providing a visual inspection of new toilets. The virtual inspection will be performed using tools such as Skype or other video chatting tools.
- Customer service representative reviews all documentation for final approval and notifies applicant.
- Utility will issue rebate to water bill within 2-3 billing cycles after final approval.