STREAM Awards for Projects and Programs of ExcellenceIn an effort to recognize the achievements of Metro Water District utilities, local governments and authorities, we have created the STREAM Awards for Programs and Projects of Excellence. STREAM winners were announced at the Metro Water District's 15th Anniversary Celebration on June 1, 2016.
- Projects set an example for environmentally SUSTAINABLE practices, such as conserving energy, investing in renewable energy, conserving water, conserving fuel, reducing waste and protecting or restoring the community’s natural resources. Education and Outreach programs promote sustainability.
- Projects are THOUGHTFUL and innovative in design. Programs use innovative techniques for outreach, and messaging is intentional.
- Projects and programs may be local or REGIONAL in scale. Projects or programs that are regional in scale and show positive impact on the region and downstream will rank higher.
- Projects and programs actively ENGAGE the community and stakeholders. Projects and programs that can show an ongoing relationship with the community will rank higher.
- The principles and elements of the project or program are APPLICABLE to other communities. Projects and programs that can identify communities that have applied elements and principles will rank higher.
- Success of projects and programs can be MEASURED. Project and program success can be measured in a variety of ways. Please share the impact this project or program has had both within your jurisdiction and beyond.