Calendar Photo Contest
“The Agile, Skimming Swallow” by Jimmy Cash of Newnan, GA is the winning image for the 2021 Water Reflections Calendar Contest.
2022 Water Reflections Calendar Contest Is Open
The 2022 Water Reflections Calendar Contest is now open! The submission deadline is September 9, 2022. Contest eligibility and guidelines are below.
Eligibility: Professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age or older are welcome to submit photographs for this contest.
- Each photographer may submit up to five (5) photographs. Please submit a separate form for each photo entry.
- Photographers are eligible to win for up to three (3) photographs submitted, plus the feature photo; an individual photographer can win with up to, but no more than four (4) photos.
- Photographs must be taken with the geographical boundaries of the 15 county Metro Water District area which includes the counties of Bartow, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. The District does not encompass the cities of Braselton and Loganville.
- Photographers must submit pictures that have been taken since January 1, 2019; no picture taken before January 1, 2019 should be submitted.
- A completed entry/release form must be provided by each photographer (see link above).
- No submittal of copyrighted material is allowed.
- Participants understand that each photographic entry is subject to the free and unlicensed use by the Metro Water District and the Atlanta Regional Commission in the preparation of annual reports, planning material, website pages, handouts and educational materials. See full Terms and Conditions.
- All photographs must be at least 300 dpi at the dimensions of 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Please note that the format of the calendar is landscape. Photographs should be in landscape/horizontal format, or should be able to be easily cropped as such.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- Images must be submitted digitally. No printed photos will be accepted.
- Save photographs with the following naming scheme: last name_first name_title of photograph. Ex: Smith_John_Chattahoochee Sunset
- If you are experiencing issues submitting your photographs using the online form, please email email@example.com.
- All photographic entries and accompanying release forms must be received by the Friday, September 9, 2022 to be included in the 2022 contest. Photos submitted after this date will be considered for the 2023 contest.
Judging: Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Success in reflecting an appreciation of Metro Atlanta’s shared water resources
- Relevance of subject and quality of composition
- Originality of photo
- Quality of photo
- Excellence in photographic technique
- 1st place will receive $500 plus an additional prize from our 2022 contest sponsor
- 11 finalists will receive $100 each
All winners will receive three copies of the 2023 Water Reflections Calendar, an outdoor spray nozzle and a rain gauge.