Professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age or older are welcome to submit photographs for this contest.
September 9, 2023
All photographic entries and accompanying release forms must be received by Friday, September 9, 2023 to be included in the 2023 contest. Photos submitted after this date will be considered for the 2024 contest.
- Each photographer may submit up to five (5) photographs. Photographers are eligible to win for up to three (3) photographs submitted, plus the feature photo; an individual photographer can win with up to, but no more than four (4) photos.
- Please submit a separate form for each photo entry. A completed entry/release form must be provided by each photographer. No submittal of copyrighted material is allowed. Participants understand that each photographic entry is subject to the free and unlicensed use by the Metro Water District and the Atlanta Regional Commission in the preparation of annual reports, planning material, website pages, handouts and educational materials. See full Terms and Conditions.
- Photographs must be taken with the geographical boundaries of the 15 county Metro Water District area which includes the counties of Bartow, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. The District does not encompass the cities of Braselton and Loganville.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- All photographs must be submitted digitally at least 300 dpi at the dimensions of 8.5 x 11 inches in horizontal/landscape format. Please use the following naming scheme: last name_first name_title of photograph (ex: Smith_John_Chattahoochee Sunset). No printed photos will be accepted.
- Photographers must submit pictures that have been taken since January 1, 2020; no picture taken before January 1, 2020 should be submitted.
- If you experience issues submitting your photographs using the online form, please email email@example.com.
Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Success in reflecting an appreciation of Metro Atlanta’s shared water resources
- Relevance of subject and quality of composition
- Originality of photo
- Quality of photo
- Excellence in photographic technique
- 1st place winner will receive $500 plus an additional prize from our 2023 contest sponsor.
- Eleven finalists will receive $100 each.
- All winners will receive three copies of the 2023 Water Reflections Calendar, an outdoor spray nozzle and a rain gauge
2022 Water Reflections Calendar Contest Winners
A huge round of applause and congratulations to our Water Reflections Calendar Contest winners! Your stunning photos of Georgia’s waterways truly captured the essence of their beauty and importance. Thank you for sharing your talent with us and helping to promote the conservation of our region’s precious water resources.