- As of July 1, 2023, customers of participating utilities may be eligible for a rebate of up to $100 for the purchase and installation of a new leak detection device.
- Smart water leak detection systems typically range in price from $50 to $300 before the rebate.
- Systems priced at $100 or more may be eligible for up to a $100 rebate.
- Systems priced below $100 may be eligible for a rebate of up to $50.
- Rebates are distributed in the form of a water bill credit by the participating utility.
- Participating utilities and water providers reserve the right to limit eligible products.
- Funding for the rebates will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis until allocated funding is exhausted.
- Customers should check with their water provider to see if they offer online water use notification programs or are participating in this rebate program.
Fulton County Water and Gwinnett County do not allow devices to be installed on the meter or inside the meter box. Any device of this type will not be rebated and if found in the meter box will be removed.
What are Smart Leak Detectors?
Smart Leak Detectors (SLDs) are a smart device that learn your home water usage and can help you quickly detect leaks. The SLD will alert you of any abnormal water usage, which can help you avoid high water bills.
How do Smart Leak Detectors work?
These technologies learn the water use patterns of your home and can quickly notify you of abnormal usage and potential leaks that would otherwise go unnoticed. Some models can even remotely shut off your water. Installing these devices can prevent possible extensive leaks and property damage.
What are the benefits of a Smart Leak Detector?
SLDs will alert you of a potential leak immediately, thereby allowing you to act quickly to shut off your water and repair the leak. Acting quickly will minimize the cost of repairs, reduce water bills, and minimize property damage.
How much do Smart Leak Detectors cost?
There are a variety of types of SLDs, with a range of capabilities. Some of the more advanced SLDs – like the kinds with an automatic water shut-off option – will be on the more expensive side. All SLDs, even the least expensive options, can provide value to your home. On average, an SLD costs between $50-300.
How much of a rebate can I get for my Smart Leak Detector?
Based on eligibility, you can receive:
- Up to $50 for each SLD costing $50-100*
- Up to $100 for each SLD costing over $100*
*Purchase price before tax.
What brands are eligible for the rebate?
D-Link, Eve, Fibaro, Flume, Grohe, Honeywell, iSpring, LeakSmart, Orbit, Phyn, Proteus, Ring, Rusco, Samsung, SimpleSENCE, StreamLabs, Vivint, Yoling, and Zircon.
This list continues to grow, so be sure to check back for updates!